December is here and the weather is changing toward more traditional temperatures – which means snow days are on our mind.
Our District has been approved for five (5) Flexible Instruction Days - referred to as FIDs.
We will use FIDs in place of some snow days and will inform our community via our typical media and phone call announcements.
To be clear - if we flip to a virtual remote FIDs day - the phone call will say FIDs DAY, if we cancel school for a SNOW DAY, we will announce a SNOW DAY.
So what is the difference?
- SNOW DAY - is a “no school” day that we will need to make up as an instructional day.
- FIDs DAY - is a school day that has been flipped to a virtual delivery model that counts as a school day from remote locations (like your home) and does not need to be made up.
What is expected of teachers and students on FID days?
- Elementary FID schedules are grade specific. Each grade level will post their respective schedule within their Google Classroom and send via Skyward. All specials will be held at the regularly scheduled time.
- Student attendance is based upon Google Meet check in or assignment completion.
- Teachers will offer office hours to connect with students and families as needed.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to your homeroom teacher or building administrator for assistance.